We encourage parents and guardians to continue to work on these skills over the summer. The following tips can help parents encourage and support independent reading at home.
- Let kids choose the books.
- The student reads one page, then the parent reads one page, then repeat.
- Students can read to other people or pets.
- Talk about the books you're reading.
- Have students reread a book.
- Kids can read on their own.
- Parents can choose special books to read with students.
Check the blog page "Books to Read Together" (to the right) for book pics from Literacy Night!